- Job title: Development and Operations Manager (Keelman Homes)
- Service area: On secondment from The Gateshead Housing Company to Keelman Homes
- Job ref: TGHC630
- Grade: Grade N £44,697 – £47,636 SCP 49 – 52. Full time 37 hours per week. Permanent.
- Applicable to: Internal and External
- Closing date: Midnight on Tuesday, 26 March.
Applications are invited for the post of Keelman Homes Development and Operations Manager.
Keelman Homes is a not-for-profit charity based in the borough of Gateshead, in north east England.
The charity was set up in 2009 to develop nearly 150 new homes for rent, sale and shared ownership in Kibblesworth, south Gateshead. This was completed with the support of The Gateshead Housing Company, Gateshead Council and the Homes & Communities Agency.
As Development and Operations Manager you will play a role within The Gateshead Housing Company’s management team and reporting directly to the Managing Director.
You will be responsible for leading on the strategic objectives of Keelman Homes which include providing quality homes and quality housing management services to improve the lives of residents and communities.
You will have a significant track-record of successful management of relevant aspects of the affordable housing development gained at a senior level within a local authority, registered provider, government body or agency, private developer or similar.
In addition, you will have a successful record of working effectively with a range of partners.
You should be educated to degree level or equivalent; and have evidence of a commitment to continuing professional development.
We expect you to be able to demonstrate a great positive attitude, achieving results time after time, a commitment to learning, and a passion for service delivery that makes a difference to our customers every day.
For an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity please contact Neil Bouch (Interim Managing Director) on 0191 433 5303 or via email at email@example.com
What to do next?
- Read the job profile of this role.
- Consider the essential and desirable criteria for this role.
- Ensure you meet all the essential criteria before applying.
- Complete our online application ensuring you provide evidence within the body of your application that you meet the essential criteria, giving examples where appropriate.
- Applicants who do not evidence that they meet the essential criteria will not be shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Complete the online confidential form.
- If you prefer you can download a printable application and confidential forms. You must complete both forms for your application to be considered.
- Assessments will be by application, online assessment and interview for this vacancy.
Applications are to be returned by email or post no later than midnight on Tuesday, 26 March 2019 to:
Human Resources Team
The Gateshead Housing Company
The Gateshead Housing Company does not accept CVs.
If you require any further advice email the Human Resources Team or call ext 5333.
Why you will love working for us
We know that we can’t achieve our vision without the right team of people.
We expect our employees to work in partnership with colleagues, and to apply their skills effectively with commitment and enthusiasm. In return we do our best to make sure they are happy in their work by listening to their ideas and making them feel welcome.
Because we work in partnership with Gateshead Council, we can offer you all the benefits of working for a large organisation as well as the intimacy of working for a small, independent team.
You will be able to take advantage of:
- Our Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational health
- Appropriate training courses
- A work life balance policy
- Flexitime scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
The Gateshead Housing Company is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates of any age, disability, marital status, race or sex.