- Job title: Gas Engineer
- Service area: Gas Team, Property and Assets
- Job ref: TGHC597
- Grade: £26,470 – £28, 221 per annum (SCP 29-31). Full Time – 37 hours per week. Permanent.
- Applicable to: Internal and external vacancy
- Closing date: Midnight on Thursday, 20 December 2018
An opportunity has arisen in the Gas Team for the role of Gas Engineer.
The Gateshead Housing Company currently manages approximately 20,000 properties on behalf of Gateshead Council. The Gas Team manages and provides support for the operational and technical delivery of gas compliance, gas servicing, repairs and installations.
The Gas Engineer role will carry out gas servicing and gas repairs on a day to day basis to a gas servicing programme. The successful candidate will also work to support the gas repairs team.
Experience of gas policies and procedures is essential as well as knowledge of a variety of gas appliances.
A positive work ethic and a flexible, can-do attitude are also important.
You should consider the job profile when applying, giving examples of how you meet the criteria.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Russell Leach, Gas Compliance Service Manager, or call 0191 433 7289.
What to do next?
- Read the job profile for this role.
- Complete our online application and confidential forms or download our printable application and confidential forms.
- You must complete both forms for your application to be considered.
- Assessments will be by application, ability tests and interview for this vacancy.
Applications are to be returned by email or post no later than midnight on Thursday, 20 December 2018, to:
Human Resources Team
The Gateshead Housing Company
The Gateshead Housing Company does not accept CVs.
If you require any further advice email the Human Resources Team or call ext 5333.
Why you will love working for us
We know that we can’t achieve our vision without the right team of people.
We expect our employees to work in partnership with colleagues, and to apply their skills effectively with commitment and enthusiasm. In return we do our best to make sure they are happy in their work by listening to their ideas and making them feel welcome.
Because we work in partnership with Gateshead Council, we can offer you all the benefits of working for a large organisation as well as the intimacy of working for a small, independent team.
You will be able to take advantage of:
- Our Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational health
- Appropriate training courses
- A work life balance policy
- Flexitime scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
The Gateshead Housing Company is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates of any age, disability, marital status, race or sex.