- Job title: Neighbourhood Service Advisor
- Service area: : Customers and Communities
- Job ref: TGHC705
- Grade: Grade E £19,945 – £21,166 – per annum (SCP 8-11) Full time – 37 hours per week. Permanent
- Applicable to: Internal and external vacancy
- Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 24th November 2019
The Gateshead Housing Company does not accept CVs.
The Gateshead Housing Company is a non-profit organisation responsible for the day to day management of almost 20,000 homes on behalf of Gateshead Council. We currently employ over 800 people.
We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of service and we believe the key to achieving this is to recruit enthusiastic, talented people with the right skills, knowledge, attitude and behaviour.
An opportunity has arisen in the Neighbourhood Housing Management Service.
The Neighbourhood Housing Management Service is reshaping the delivery of its tenancy and estate management services to enable us to respond to future challenges in the housing environment.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering a customer focused service and provide administrative support, as part of a Neighbourhood Service Team, working to support tenants to sustain tenancies and neighbourhoods.
Good organisational and IT skills are essential and you should be committed to delivering customer service to a high standard.
The successful applicant will have experience of working in a customer service environment; dealing with members of the public in person and over the phone; interviewing and communicating effectively and possess 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above (including maths and English) or relevant experience.
Work locations will vary subject to the needs of the business.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Natalie Miah or call 0191 4335880
Benefits of working for us…
As we’ve already said, we know that we can’t achieve our vision without the right team of people.
We expect our employees to work in partnership with colleagues, and to apply their skills effectively with commitment and enthusiasm. In return, we do our best to make sure they are happy in their work by listening to their ideas and making them feel welcome.
If successful you will be able to take advantage of:
- A standard working week of 37 hours
- Fair rates of pay for all colleagues across the business (NJC Job Evaluation Scheme)
- 25 days annual leave on appointment, rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Local Government Pension Scheme (employee contribution incremental depending on salary, with an employer contribution of 17.9%)
- Training and personal development opportunities that enable colleagues to reach their full potential
- Flexible working scheme
- Access to occupational health services, including physiotherapy and counselling services
- A supportive working environment which promotes equality and opportunity for all
So, what next?
If this all sounds like the role and place for you, then go ahead and read through the full job description and essential criteria to help you complete the best application possible, before clicking apply.
If you do meet the essential requirements of the role and want to take the next step, then we can offer you the opportunity to gain fantastic exposure and build your profile with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion…
We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We’re actively building diverse teams, therefore welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups, and particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic (BME) candidates.
We consider ourselves to be a family friendly employer and offer flexible working patterns.
The Gateshead Housing Company is an accredited Disability Confident employer, in recognition of our commitment to ensuring that disabled people are supported and treated fairly at every stage of their selection, employment and career development. More information about the Disability Confident scheme can be found on the Government website.
We are committed to interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for.
The Gateshead Housing Company is signed up to the Mindful Employer Charter, a charter for employers who are positive about mental health issues amongst employees. As an organisation, we are committed to providing informative, non-judgmental and proactive support to existing and new employees who may experience mental health issues.
We will ensure that in any recruitment activity or pre-employment health checks, people who have experienced mental health issues will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problems will enable the Gateshead Housing Company to assess and provide the right level of support.
We hope that you will find our recruitment process fair, open and transparent and we look forward to receiving your application.
The practical bit…
- Read the job profile of this role
- Ensure you meet the essential requirements of this role. Remember, in order to be shortlisted you need to ensure you evidence that you have met the essential criteria. Ensure you provide examples where applicable.
- Complete our online application and confidential forms. If you prefer, you can download the printable application and confidential forms.
- You must complete both forms for your application to be considered.
- Shortlisting will be by application, online assessments and interview for this vacancy.
Applications are to be returned by email or post no later than midnight on Sunday 24 November 2019, to:
Human Resources Team
The Gateshead Housing Company
The Gateshead Housing Company does not accept CVs.
If you need any further advice email the Human Resources Team or call ext 5333.