- Job title: Neighbourhood Service Advisor
- Service area: Customers and Communities
- Job ref: TGHC631
- Grade: Grade E £18,870 – £20,541 per annum (SCP 18-21). 1 x 37 hours permanent, 1 x full time temporary until 31 March 2020 and 1 x 18.5 hours temporary until 6 December 2019 (working days Monday, Tuesday & alternative Wednesday)
- Applicable to: Internal and external vacancy
- Closing date: Midnight on Sunday, 31 March 2019.
The Gateshead Housing Company is a non-profit organisation responsible for the day-to-day management of nearly 20,000 homes.
We aim to provide excellent and efficient services to create homes and neighbourhoods that meet the aspirations of the people of Gateshead.
We employ over 700 people and involve our customers in making our services better.
The Neighbourhood Housing Management Service is reshaping the delivery of its tenancy and estate management services to enable us to respond to future challenges in the housing environment.
As a Neighbourhood Service Advisor you will be responsible for delivering a customer focused service and provide administrative support as part of a Neighbourhood Service Team, working to support tenants to sustain tenancies and neighbourhoods.
Good organisational and IT skills are essential and you should be committed to delivering customer service to a high standard.
You will have experience of working in a customer service environment; dealing with members of the public in person and over the phone; interviewing and communicating effectively and possess 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above or relevant experience.
Work locations will vary subject to the needs of the business.
You should consider the essential requirements and competencies relating to this post when applying and ensure you evidence your suitability within your application.
Please note: Assessments will be by application, ability tests and interview for this vacancy.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Richard Finlow, Neighbourhood Housing Manager or call 0191 433 5307.
You should consider the job profile when applying, giving examples of how you meet the criteria.
What to do next?
- Read the job profile of this role.
- Consider the essential and desirable criteria for this role.
- Ensure you meet all the essential criteria before applying.
- Complete our online application ensuring you provide evidence within the body of your application that you meet the essential criteria, giving examples where appropriate.
- Applicants who do not evidence that they meet the essential criteria will not be shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Complete the online confidential form.
- If you prefer you can download a printable application and confidential forms. You must complete both forms for your application to be considered.
- Assessments will be by application, online assessment and interview for this vacancy.
Applications are to be returned by email or post no later than midnight on Sunday, 31 March 2019 to:
Human Resources Team
The Gateshead Housing Company
The Gateshead Housing Company does not accept CVs.
If you need any further advice email the Human Resources Team or call ext 5333.
Why you will love working for us
We know that we can’t achieve our vision without the right team of people.
We expect our employees to work in partnership with colleagues, and to apply their skills effectively with commitment and enthusiasm. In return we do our best to make sure they are happy in their work by listening to their ideas and making them feel welcome.
Because we work in partnership with Gateshead Council, we can offer you all the benefits of working for a large organisation as well as the intimacy of working for a small, independent team.
You will be able to take advantage of:
- Our Local Government Pension Scheme
- Occupational health
- Appropriate training courses
- A work life balance policy
- Flexitime scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
The Gateshead Housing Company is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from candidates of any age, disability, marital status, race or sex.
The Gateshead Housing Company is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.