- Job title: Site Manager (electrical)
- Service area: Property and Assets
- Job ref: TGHC756
- Position number: P470164
- Location: Shearlegs Road/various sites across Gateshead with some temporary homeworking during COVID-19
- Grade: Grade H (£29,577 – £32,234 per annum) (SCP 25-28)
- Contract type: Full time (37 hours). Temporary for 12 months
- Applicable to: Internal/external
- Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 6 December
The Gateshead Housing Company is a non-profit organisation, responsible for the day-to-day management of almost 20,000 homes on behalf of Gateshead Council. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of service and we believe that the key to achieving this is to recruit enthusiastic, talented people with the right skills, knowledge, attitude and behaviour.
In return we offer a wide range of benefits including discount travel scheme, local government pension, generous annual leave entitlement and flexible working scheme. See our benefits section for more details.
We’re looking to recruit a Site Manager with specific electrical experience to work within the Capital Works sections.
Day-to-day you will assist in the delivery of high quality, customer influenced investment works, commercial and domestic electrical and mechanical installs, cyclical works, and occasionally some repairs and maintenance. Supervision activities will be of both in-house labour and subcontractors, and the expectation is that you will manage multi-disciplinary teams of varying trades and specialisms.
It’s important you are self-motivated and solution-focused, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
It is essential you have completed an NVQ Level 3 electrical apprenticeship, IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition and City & Guilds Inspection and Testing 2391 (I & T 2391 equivalent accepted). In addition, you must have up to date knowledge of industry codes of practice and standards, as well as significant experience of electrical installation methods, types, systems and materials.
As you will be required to sign off test certificates, you should be NICEIC Supervisor qualified. If not, you must be willing to undertake the NICEIC QS assessment within the first 6 months of employment.
As your time will be split between the office and sites across the borough of Gateshead, you must have access to mobility transport or hold a full driving licence. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial, although not essential.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Mark McRae, Capital Works Service Manager.
Benefits of working for us
We expect our employees to work in partnership with colleagues and apply their skills effectively, with commitment and enthusiasm. In return, we do our best to make sure they are happy in the work by listening to their ideas and making them feel welcome.
If successful, you can take advantage of:
- A standard working week of 37 hours
- Fair rates of pay for all colleagues (NJC job evaluation scheme)
- 25 days of annual leave, rising to 30 days after five years of service (plus eight bank holidays)
- Local Government Pension Scheme (employee contribution depending on salary, with an employer contribution of 17.9%)
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Flexible working scheme
- Access to occupational health services, including physiotherapy and counselling
- A supportive working environment that promotes equality and opportunity
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
We aim to build an inclusive environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, recognising the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We’re actively building diverse teams, therefore welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, belief, sexual orientation, age or disability.
We especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups, and particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic (BME) candidates.
We consider ourselves to be a family-friendly employer and offer flexible working patterns.
We’re an accredited Disability Confident employer, committed to the fair treatment of disabled people throughout their selection and employment. We interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of the role they apply for.
We’ve also signed the Mindful Employer charter, which demonstrates our commitment to supporting the mental wellbeing of our staff, both new and existing. We do not discriminate against potential applicants who have experienced mental health issues; disclosure of a mental health issue allows us to provide support.
We hope you find out recruitment process fair, open and transparent. We look forward to receiving your application.
How to apply
- Read the job profile, ensuring you meet all the essential criteria. You must demonstrate, with examples, how you meet these requirements in order to be shortlisted
- Complete our online/printable application form. Please note we will not accept CVs for this role
- You must also complete our online/printable confidential form for your application to be considered
- Shortlisting will be by application, online assessment and interview for this vacancy
The application and confidential forms are on our external website, so employees can complete them outside of work, if they wish.
Please return applications no later than midnight on Sunday 6 December 2020 to:
Human Resources Team
The Gateshead Housing Company
For further advice, email the Human Resources Team or call 0191 433 5333.