The Gateshead Housing Company is giving around 20,000 households the opportunity to get involved this summer.
The company’s Involvement Team has announced its sixth ‘Opportunity knocks’ programme of activities to engage with customers.
From June to August tenants and leaseholders are being invited to a range of free community events where they can find out more about housing services and how to get involved by getting online.
Helen Watson, Involvement and Diversity Officer at the housing company, is looking forward to meeting as many customers as possible.
She said: “From the Carers’ Week Party in Saltwell Park and Teams Community Festival to Birtley Festival and Low Fell Fire Station Open Day, there really is a lot going on across the borough in the next few months.
“And we are taking the opportunity to attend as many free events as possible to meet a wide range of people.
“This year, we are working to engage with our younger residents in particular, with the aim of helping them to sustain their tenancies.”
- Wednesday, 10 June from 11am to 2pm – Carers’ Week Party in the Park, Saltwell Park
- Saturday, 13 June from 11am to 2pm – Teams Community Festival.
- Saturday, 4 July from 12pm to 3pm – Dunston Gala Festival, Dunston Park
- Saturday 11 July, 12pm to 4pm – Birtley Festival, Welfare Fields, next to Birtley Community Centre (local office staff attending this event)
- Saturday, 18 July from 11am to 5pm (TBC) – Northern Pride, Exhibition Park, Newcastle.
- Saturday, 2 August from 12am to 3pm – Fire Station open day, Dryden Road, Low Fell.
Others events are still to be confirmed – watch this space.
To find out more email the Involvement Team or call 0191 433 5357.