Providing identification for your Tyne and Wear Homes application

by The Gateshead Housing Company & filed under Find a home, Tyne and Wear Homes.

In order to register your application for housing with Tyne and Wear Homes, you will need to provide
relevant forms of identification.

You can provide one of the following documents:

  • A passport showing that the holder is a British citizen; or
  • A UK photocard driving licence.

Or you can provide two of the following documents:

  • Benefit payment book
  • Original birth certificate
  • Paper driving licence
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce/annulment papers
  • Bank statement dated within the last two months
  • EC or EEA identity card
  • Home Office letter confirming current right of residence in the UK
  • Medical card
  • Life insurance policy
  • UK residence permit
  • Utility bill dated within the last two months
  • Payslip from your current employer dated within the last two months
  • Certificate of employment in HM forces or merchant navy.

Proofs of identification can be taken to any housing office or to Tyne and Wear Homes, The Gateshead Housing Company, Civic Centre, Regent Street, Gateshead, NE8 1JN where they can be photocopied by a member of the team and returned to you immediately with a receipt.

Please do not send original documents in the post.

Please note if you were not born in the UK or are unable to provide identification that shows you are a
British citizen, you may be required to provide further documentation.