Being able to report repairs quickly and easily is important to customers and is also a key priority for us in providing well maintained homes.
When you report your repair we aim to offer an appointment for all urgent and routine repairs at a time that is convenient to you.
If your repair requires an inspection an appointment will be arranged.
You are responsible for repairs to the inside of your flat and the glass in your windows. You should make your own arrangements to get someone to do the repairs for you. These should not be reported to us.
We are responsible for keeping the ‘common parts’ of your block in good repair. This means that we will look after the structure of the building and the landing and hallways, including lighting and controlled door-entry systems.
You will have to pay a share of the cost for these repairs. You should report any repairs required to the common parts of the block or structure of the building as detailed above.
You will receive a repairs and maintenance statement every 13 weeks. This will include details of all repairs carried out to the external structure of the building and internal common areas. Your contribution towards the cost of this work will be clearly shown.
To help you with minor repairs around your home that would normally be your responsibility, we provide a free Small Task Service for customers over 50 who have no support from friends or family. You can request a job by contacting HomeRepairs.
We will acknowledge your request to join the Small Task Service within 24 hours and if approved we will contact you within two weeks to arrange a suitable appointment date and time.
Our service standards
- Tell you the maximum time we will take to complete the repairs
- Offer you an appointment for all urgent and routine repairs at a time that is convenient to you
- Take care to protect your furnishings while doing repairs
- Clear away rubbish from the repair that has been left outside within two working days of completing the work
- Acknowledge your request for small tasks within 24 hours and if approved contact you within two weeks to arrange a suitable appointment date and time
- Provide you with a repairs and maintenance statement every 13 weeks.
How we measure them
- Ask how satisfied you are with the HomeRepairs service
- Monitor repair appointments to ensure they have been made and kept
- Measure the number of repairs that are completed within target times
- Inspect 10% of completed repairs to check the quality of work
- Ask you if you are satisfied with the Small Task Service
- Check that we have responded and delivered the Small Task Service on time
- Involve you in monitoring the satisfaction levels of communal repairs
- Monitor enquiry forms we receive about repairs to communal areas to identify trends
- Report back to our customers through our Service Improvement Group, in our newspaper and on our website.