Your feedback helps us to identify what we are doing well and where we need to improve.
How are we doing?
Over the first six months of 2019/20, we received 431 complaints and 214 compliments.
- We resolved 84% of complaints at the first point of contact
- We investigated the remaining 16% formally, responding to 92% of them within 10 days
- 72% of customers were satisfied with the way we investigated their complaint.
When dealing with complaints we aim to follow the Housing Ombudsman’s Principles of Dispute Resolution.
If you contact us about an issue or concern that you would like us to investigate, we have a complaints procedure that we will follow which is made up of three stages:
- Problem solving – If we can resolve your complaint quickly and informally, we will
- Investigation – If your complaint requires a formal response, or an investigation is needed to determine a solution, we aim to provide a final response within 10 working days
- Review – If you remain unhappy with the response from the Investigation you can request for it to be reviewed by a more senior officer. We aim to provide a final response within 20 working days.
If you are still not happy at the end of our complaints process you can ask a designated person to refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman, who will work with all parties to find a resolution. In Gateshead a designated person can be any MP or any local Councillor.
If you prefer to contact the Housing Ombudsman directly you must wait eight weeks from the date of the Review outcome.
It is also important that we learn from feedback when something has gone well so we record all compliments we receive from you. If you compliment an individual, they will be informed, and details of the compliment will be added to their employment record, so it is always worth letting us know about the good service you receive.
Performance and Feedback Panel
We will always try and learn from the feedback you provide. This could be finding potential service improvements from complaints or identifying existing good practice from compliments.
Our customer Performance and Feedback Panel meets up monthly to review learning from feedback. If this might be of interest and you would like to find out more, email the Involvement Team or call 0191 433 5357.