Over 2,000 residents in sheltered accommodation schemes across Gateshead are being asked for views on the housing services they receive.
The Gateshead Housing Company is holding nearly 40 ‘here&now’ drop-in sessions in April and May for the borough’s older tenants to get their views on the teams that look after their housing needs.
The free sessions will help tenants find out more about what the housing company and Gateshead Council does for them and talk about their experiences as a customer.
The initial sessions are being held at:
- Emmaville, Ryton – on Tuesday,15 April at 10.30am
- Burnside Road, Blaydon – on Tuesday,15 April at 12 noon
- Harrison Court, Birtley – on Tuesday,15 April at 2pm
- Angel Court, Allerdene – on Wednesday,16 April at 2pm
- Mosspool, Winlaton – on Thursday, 17 April at 10am
- Whinney Close, Winlaton – on Thursday, 17 April at 11am
- Kays Cottages, Windy Nook – on Thursday, 17 April at 2pm
- East Lea, Winlaton – on Tuesday, 22 April at 10.30am
- Conifer Close, Winlaton – on Wednesday, 23 April at 2pm
- Southwood Crescent, Rowlands Gill – on Thursday, 24 April at 1.30pm
- West Acres, Blaydon – on Friday, 25 April at 10.00am
- Pleasant Place (no 24 to 48), Birtley – on Friday, 25 April at 10.30am
- Bensham Court, Bensham – on Tuesday, 29 April at 10.30am
- Denton View, Winlaton – on Tuesday, 29 April at 2pm.
Andrea Foreman, Older Persons’ Housing Manager, said: “The new here&now sessions will be a great way for residents to tell us what they think of the customer service they receive from ourselves and Gateshead Council.
“By getting the views of residents at almost 40 schemes across the borough we will hopefully find ways to make our customer service even better in the future.”
The sessions are the first of four themed drop-ins that will be held at every sheltered scheme between now and next March.
Residents wanting to know about sessions at their scheme or other ways to give their views should call the Older Person’s Housing Team on 0191 433 5356.
More information on the forthcoming here&now sessions, as well as an online survey, can be found here.