Wrekenton housing office is on the move this week (but not far)

by The Gateshead Housing Company & filed under Get in touch, Get in touch - your housing office, Help in your home - rent and benefits, News.

The housing company’s Wrekenton housing office is set to relocate to work alongside other Gateshead Council services.

Wrekenton officeThe current housing office will operate as normal until this Friday (27 March), with the new office opening on Monday, 30 March, a matter of yards away in the former Wrekenton Community Centre.

The new Wrekenton Hub is set to include library and other Community Centre services over the coming months.

For more information email Wrekenton housing office or call 0191 433 5822.

Photograph above: Left, the soon to be opened Wrekenton Hub is just yards from the current Wrekenton housing office, far right.

How do I pay my rent?

Pay and check your balance 24 hours a day.

Direct Debit
This is the simplest and safest way: choose from four preferred payment dates. To start paying this way complete a Direct Debit mandate and return it to us by post or via any housing office.

Standing order
Print out and fill in this form then post it or take it in person to your bank or building society.

At our payment offices
Pay with a debit card, postal order or cash at payment offices including Gateshead Civic Centre.

Debit card
Pay with a debit card at any payment office or Gateshead Civic Centre.

Pay with your debit card by phone, 24 hours a day, by calling 0800 052 3455. It’s automated, safe, fast and easy.

Post Office
Use your rent payment card at any UK Post Office.

Take your payment card and cash to anywhere you see the PayPoint sign, including newsagents, supermarkets, convenience stores and garages.

  • Payment options – in and around Birtley, Low Fell, Springwell and Wrekenton
  • Or find your nearest PayPoint outlet.

Cheques or postal orders can be sent to any payment offices. Please do not send cash by post.

Salary deduction
If you work for The Gateshead Housing Company or Gateshead Council, your rent can be taken directly out of your salary.

Want to know more?