The caretaker service is provided to more than 1,900 residents in 25 multi-storey blocks across Gateshead.
The overall aims of the service are to ensure the communal areas of the building remain free from debris, and are clean and clear and in a good state of repair.
The main features of the caretaker service are:
- Providing an out-of-hours emergency service
- Cleaning the block to the agreed service standards
- Undertaking small repairs and repair reporting within the block
- Litter picking/tidying of external areas around the block
- Carrying out monthly Fire Safety and Health & Safety Inspections
- Meeting new tenants to provide advice and information
- Undertaking small tasks and repairs in residents’ homes
- Providing access/information for contractors and visitors to the block
Please take a few minutes to fill in our short survey below: